Today, more Santa Fe home sellers are paying attention to the advice of real estate professionals. The most important question they ask is whether it is good advice and to they trust the real estate professional. Sellers need to educate themselves beyond asking about price and sales commission and interview real estate professionals. Everyone needs to be on the same page to sell your home.
One of the most important issues for a Santa Fe home seller to know when choosing a real estate professional is whether they feel they can trust them. Why? As a home seller you must trust your listing agent to represent you to sell what is possibly your largest family asset. Here are some important questions to ask when you interview a real estate professional. The answers will help you become more informed about selling your home as well as build trust. Interviewing agents will give you the information you need to compare them. Here are 15 questions to ask to determine who will list your Santa Fe home.
- Are they an experienced professional, licensed and a member of the local Realtor Board?
- How are they compensated and what are your net proceeds from the sale?
- What do their past clients think about their service? What are their reviews?
- How do they help you set the market value of your home and get the price right?
- What are current market trends and sales projections for a home like your home?
- Will they advise you on refreshing your home and making it ready to show?
- What happens after the sign is placed in front of your home?
- Do they listen to you and how will they communicate with you?
- Will they use a professional photographer and will they create a virtual online tour.
- What is their marketing plan to sell your home?
- Advertising your home costs money. What is their marketing budget to sell your home.
- What is their online web site presence and their real estate social media sites?
- How do they find qualified buyers for your home?
- What are their negotiation skills and strategy? Why not use the interview to find out?
- Are they a solo agent or do they have administrative support for all the paperwork?
- Will they provide you with the names of contractors, appraisers, home stagers, lenders for help?
- Do you know them better and their real estate skills and trust them to sell your home?
Getting answers to these questions will give you a better understanding of the value of your home, the real estate process, your local real estate market and who you choose to represent you. Although you may be in a hurry and all this sounds like it will take too much time to interview; remember you are going to sell your prized home possession. You will have to trust them to allow them to help you and your family sell your home sell your home and help you and your family with your next move. Remember not all Realtors are the same. Take the time to find the one who you trust will work for you and save you time and money.
Contact Emily Medvec for a preview and to interview her about the sale of your home.
Just thinking about selling? Click here for your free market analysis report.